Thursday, May 06, 2010

NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER

With all of the problems and hurt in the world, my problems and Nick's seem so insignificant. I was told once, by a very wise preacher, that when you pray for others a blessing is returned to you. There are some very selfish reasons for wanting Nick to get better. Why would God honor a selfish prayer? Of course, I want him to get better for himself. I want more than anything for him to be able to function normally. I want him to be the person he once was. But as a mother, it is impossible for me to remember him as anything but perfect. I miss him so much - the person he once was, but I truly believe that whatever God allows, it is for the good of our souls. We need to learn and grow from our trials, if we do not, what kind of Christians are we? It is for that reason that I have decided - starting today, Nick and I will no longer pray for him. We will turn our heart and prayers totally to other's needs. In turn, it is my hope that God will guide us on the path He would have us go. My heart is overwhelmed as I think back on the love that has been poured out on our family since Nick's accident. I'm sure that I haven't thanked everyone properly. Please know that I truly, heartfully thank every person (the people who cooked for us and their families, the people who donated their time and money for Nick's fund raiser, those who donated equipment, those who took the time to visit but most of all I thank those who continue to pray for us.

With all my heart,
Love,
Sondra

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for Nick and all of the family. I know I dont' talk to you much, but please know that you are all in my heart and prayers. God Bless!

Lydia

Alan said...

God Bless and great blog!!

http://beastbaseball.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Sondra, your strength and faith are amazing. You and Nick are both an inspiration to me. Yall are always in my prayers.