Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Therapy

Nick's therapy is going well. It is amazing...the therapist say that he hasn't lost anything in the time he has been out. His speech therapist is working on getting him a palatal lift to help with his speech. It will hold up the soft tissue on the back of his palate which will help to prevent breath lost through his nose. This will allow him to get more sound out. It is very expensive so I am hoping that the insurance company will approve it and that he will be willing to wear it as he should.

Today Nick and Shawn, the sitter, went to the "Special Arts Festival" in Henry. Emily, Nick's sister, is one of the Special Ed teachers in Kaplan and her class was performing. On their way back home, they stopped at my office. He said that he had a good time. THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN VERY OFTEN. Shawn said that he played games with the children and had a really good day.

Thank you, Lord, for that bright spot for both Nick and me. I am taking a few days off for a much needed mini vacation with my sisters and two of my daughters and I am leaving Nick with his Dad. I haven't been getting enough sleep and I have been anxious about the whole thing. I am feeling much better about it now, knowing that his mood has improved.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Sondra

PS:
The garden is doing GREAT!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicholas,you don't know me.I never read anyones blog but for some reason I did yours.I had been in a car accident years back that changed my way of life for about 5years.From the sounds of things you have came along ways thats awesome!
My hockey coach growing up was in a rodeo wreck and was injuried by the sounds of it, exactly the same as yourself.The doctors told him,things did look good.He proved them all wrong.He is about 95% better now!I asked him how he did it?This is what he said!
Everyone was saying poor Bill oh that really shitty what happened to Bill.Thats when I realized the only person who I going to get me better is myself!!So at therapy they said, We will need to see you bill for an hour each day.He said what the hell is an hour a day going to do? So he joined the local gym in town.He worked 6 hours a day and I know he did lots of swiming not sure how much.I remember seeing him there at the gym he could bearly walk or talk.It took him years but if you seen him now.It would blow your mind!!!You would never now that ever happened to him.
Like I said I don't now you but something tells me you two were cut from the same cloth!!You will be like Bill one day and don't let anyone tell you any diffrent!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have some seeds for Nick to plant....a cross between a cucumber and a melon. I have been by twice and no one is home!!That is a good sign! I will find someone home eventually??? Ha!
r